#BookaDayUK (August) - Days 1 and 2 (yeah, I'm late on this one)

Neuromancer - William Gibson Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury Ghost Hands - T.A. Barron, William Low

Busy couple of days led me to be late in starting this, but I figure I'd jump on the wagon with this one as well, since it looks like a lot of fun.  I'll do my prompt for Day 3 later on today, and then I'll be caught up.

Day 1: Most arresting first line

Dude that's hard.  Umm, I think I'll go with the book that's sitting beside me at present and one of my favorites: William Gibson's "Neuromancer"

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."  Reason that it grabbed me so much was the image, not just for its vividness but setting up the scene for the novel to come, it's technological underpinnings and everything else.

Day 2: Best pairing of words and images Never mind, it's "best pairing of words and pictures", but I'll leave this one up just in case you guys are curious.

That's another hard one, because I'm not sure if it's talking about physical images (like illustrations in a book) or imagery in terms of the lyrical quality of the work.  I'm going to opt for the latter description and go with Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked this Way Comes" because the way that book was written with its attention to images and the style of the writing, it gave me a vivid setting for its dark carnival and the journey of the two young protagonists within it.

If I had to choose for best pairing of story and illustrations, though, I'd probably go with something like T.A. Barron's "Ghost Hands".  It was such a well illustrated story for explaining the ghost hand caves in Argentina, and I really liked it as a picture book.