"“I am trying,” she said, frowning. “And I don't like it. I don't like the drabby lockers. I don’t like the crowds. I don’t like the old looking classrooms and clunky, small, unadjustable desks. I don’t like the chalkboards because they're ugly and messy and nowhere near as cool as Entains. I don’t like that there aren’t any RegBots, and I thought they were the most annoying thing ever. Now I miss them because at least they were normal! And I don’t like...”

Jace cut Abby's statement short. “In other words, you don't like anything. More specifically from this century. I get it.”"

A conversation between my protagonist and his younger sister as they adjust to making a significant time jump to the present day (21st century) and blending in as they attend school.  I'm having to establish mostly character relationships now before getting into the major conflict, but so far, so good.  I was able to salvage a few passages from my old draft so at least this part is painless.

I should be upping the first few four chapters of this story on Wattpad tomorrow.  I'm a little over 10K on the project now (which means I wrote a lot today, about to stop in a little bit.)