Reading progress update: I've read 100%.

Beautiful Oblivion  - Jamie McGuire

I posted this update on Goodreads sometime last night/early this morning, but ended up falling asleep before I could update it to BL, so here it is:

I finished this hours ago, but suffice to say, I am not really happy about a lot of things from this. I'm still debating a rating because there were some developmental improvements compared to BD and WD, but the text itself was so darned manipulative and forced. I'll sleep on it more and discuss tomorrow.

I've got my notes and stuff already ready for it, so I'll be working on that and should have it posted today.

Dude, you guys have no idea how much I have to say about this book.  I might end up breaking the review character limit on Goodreads again, but at least there's no limitations on BL. I'll try to be as concise as I can and establish a lot of talking points.  I'll probably use these same talking points when I go back to campus and talk with the very gracious woman who loaned me this book (and I'll talk about how I ended up reading it in my review).

I do have two other Jamie McGuire narratives I'm going to end up reading and taking for the team, but I don't know if there's any point for me to continue with this series, not if it's just going to be another additional rehashing with the newer characters being background noise to Travis and Abby again. Not to mention the story being pretty much a "same script different cast" story concurrent with BD.

I fluctuated with my rating on this book, but ultimately, I'm giving it 1-star.  And there were reasons why I debated it through the read, but I'll talk about that in my review.