Returning, but in and out

Hey guys, poking my head in for a bit to update,

So I'll start with the bad news: on Monday, I found out my mom had breast cancer.  She's known this for a time as has my father, I just figured it out because my family had to take her to the hospital because she's had a series of bad spells and falls while visiting my sister and me.  Suffice to say, my sis and I are still trying to wrap our heads around this.

And truth be told, her prognosis isn't good (i've had my up and down grief spells with this already - I'm okay for now, but for *being* okay is probably much harder to describe than anything I can say in mere words) .  It's spread to her liver and bones; she's in a lot of pain, but she's stable for now and doing much better since being in the hospital.  And there are some promising options, but it's going to be a process.  I'm kind of on pins and needles, 'cause between working my day job and spending evenings in the hospital with her, I haven't had much time to do anything, let alone read. I've been hitting the bed as soon as I get home, at least after taking care of other things in the daily grind.  My sis and I are each other's support, and my father's spending time with my mother between and with us - so we're all in one big buddy circle helping my mom get sorted, though it's hard to say what the future holds right now.  I'm choosing to remain positive.

I miss you guys, and I miss being able to be here. I'm going to try to return to some normal schedule as her condition improves.  But it was a blow I wasn't expecting at all, and I had to do a lot to help take care of her as well as the rest of my family as her condition got so bad that there was just no other options but to see what was wrong and then...well this.

There may be some days I'm online, others I'm not, but that's kind of where I am right now and hopefully I can find a rhythm to keep as I'm helping out with my family.  But I wanted to be honest with you guys and say that I'm likely going to have periods of updates some days, and others not.  Just depends on how this all goes.