Review: Blogging for Dummies by Amy Lupold Bair and Susannah Gardner

Blogging for Dummies(R) (For Dummies (Computers)) - Amy Lupold Bair, Susannah Gardner

Quick review for a quick read. Yeah, I picked this up on a random trip to the library and ended up reading it in a sitting earlier today. It's a very general introduction to getting your bearings with blogging - from finding hosts to figuring out what content you want to blog about, to general netiquette and finding a following. I didn't really learn anything new from it, but it was a good refresher. I liked the organization of the text and how easy it was to get pointers for each of the topics as well as follow along with some screens across different platforms. I use Wordpress.com for my book blog (and as of February 2014, I've celebrated seven years of it being up, though the content has changed quite a bit from where it started).

Overall, I thought it was helpful and I think beginners will find it useful to at least get themselves oriented around blogging and knowing what general things to do with maintaining it once they start.

Overall score: 3/5 stars.