My Reading Challenges 2014 - YA Quarterly Challenge #12

This is a reading challenge held by the Young Adult Book Club on Goodreads. Ten books, three months. I've already read a few of these, so the requirement's satisfied for the time span, but that means I'll end up reading 7 books for this challenge this year.

Duration: December 1, 2013 – February 28, 2014

1) Read a book that is a new release published in December of 2013, January or February of 2014.

2) Read a book that takes place during winter.

3) December is Universal Human Rights Month. Read a book that tackles any human rights issue.

4) December 7th is Teacher Appreciation Day. Read a book that takes place in a school.

5) January is International Creativity Month. Read a book with a creative main character.

6) January 6th is Fun at Work Day. Read a book where the main character has a job that seems like it might be fun.

7) Celebrate National Black History Month (U.S.) and read a book by an African American author.

8) In celebration of Valentine's Day, read a romance.

9) February 20 is Love Your Pet Day. Read a book in which a pet plays a major role.

10) Read a non-fiction book written for young adults or that would appeal to young adults.

1. "And We Stay" by Jenny Hubbard