This is a reading challenge held by the Young Adult Book Club on Goodreads. Ten books, three months. I've already read a few of these, so the requirement's satisfied for the time span, but that means I'll end up reading 7 books for this challenge this year.
Duration: December 1, 2013 – February 28, 2014
1) Read a book that is a new release published in December of 2013, January or February of 2014.
2) Read a book that takes place during winter.
3) December is Universal Human Rights Month. Read a book that tackles any human rights issue.
4) December 7th is Teacher Appreciation Day. Read a book that takes place in a school.
5) January is International Creativity Month. Read a book with a creative main character.
6) January 6th is Fun at Work Day. Read a book where the main character has a job that seems like it might be fun.
7) Celebrate National Black History Month (U.S.) and read a book by an African American author.
8) In celebration of Valentine's Day, read a romance.
9) February 20 is Love Your Pet Day. Read a book in which a pet plays a major role.
10) Read a non-fiction book written for young adults or that would appeal to young adults.
1. "And We Stay" by Jenny Hubbard
2. "Thin Space" by Jody Castella
3. "Rose Under Fire" by Elizabeth Wein
4. "Wild Cards" by Simone Elkeles
5. "Ink" by Amanda Sun
6. "Prep School Confidential" by Kara Taylor
7. "Orleans" by Sherri L. Smith
8. "Being Sloane Jacobs" by Lauren Morill
9. "Watership Down" by Richard Adams
10. "Taylor Swift" by Liv Spencer