How Deconstructing the American School System Will Reconstruct the American Dream - Rosanna Pittella This might be a bit of a bias on my part (I can't say how educators or those that may be more directly involved in education may feel about this book), but I thought that "How Deconstructing the American School System Will Reconstruct the American Dream" would've been more in depth about the educational backdrop of the United States and expand upon the issues of its progressive flaws more than what it did. The overall introduction and expansion sections were quite brief, and I suppose that's a given for the subject matter, but I still expected more than what it offered and perhaps better organization for the presentation of the topic. It does cite quite a bit of the social, political and intellectual inequalities in education that have occurred in American history, but it's brief in its context and not to the depth that, perhaps, would be beneficial to see from multiple angles and development of the topic. The guide seems to structure the argument in a line between the NCLB (No Child Left Behind Act) and the historical limitations within the educational system. While there are some fair points to be made (and some decent criticisms of NCLB), I'm wondering if the title of this is misleading because the focus seems to be on criticisms of NCLB, rather than giving a comprehensive educational background of the American school system and constructive ways of moving forward from those limitations and inequalities. It probably would've been better to see the chronological historical development of the educational system first and then perhaps in the contemporary state or section of the educational system, include the more in-depth critique of NCLB because it would be more pertinent to the present day, rather than trying to juxtapose it continuously as the historical context is introduced. I was a little lost in the sea of the comparisons as it was trying to draw parallels as it went along.I read it with an open mind, and I do agree that if we are to make our educational system more accessible for all Americans, regardless of race, gender, or religion among other distinctions, we need to take a close examination of what has and what hasn't worked in the past. Unfortunately, I think this text doesn't really organize it in a way that's cohesive enough to not only see the problems for what they are, but also be able to work past them constructively.Overall score: 2.5/5Note: I received this as an ARC from NetGalley, from the publisher Bookmasters.