Healing at the Speed of Sound: How What We Hear Transforms Our Brains and Our Lives - Don Campbell, Alex Doman "Healing at the Speed of Sound" is a great examination of the impact of sound on a person's life - whether taken in the context of our moods, our work, or our overall development in life. The work examines the impact of sound in multiple facets of a person's life, and gives a bit of expansion on the science behind sound, individual accounts of people who have been impacted by it, and helpful tips on how to maximize (or in the case of noise, minimize) its role.I liked how detailed this guide was in spurts, elaborating between the role of music in a multi-discipline measure. It talks about the role of music in education, in progressive development, and dispels quite a few stereotypical myths. I think the long and short of what this guide offers is making sure that a person is responsible in their respective listening habits and tailoring it to your needs depending upon the circumstance, while offering some interesting tidbits on how sound affects the brain. If I could give one critique of the work as a whole - there are some sections of it that read a bit long to me, and I think it could've been a bit more concise, but it was a fascinating read overall, and one I would recommend, especially for those who like reading about the science behind sound, music, and its effects on the brain.Overall score: 3/5Note: I received this as an ARC from NetGalley, from the publisher Penguin Group.