The Power of Validation: Arming Your Child Against Bullying, Peer Pressure, Addiction, Self-Harm, and Out-of-Control Emotions - Melissa H. Cook, Melissa Cook, Shari Y. Manning, Karyn Hall "The Power of Validation" is a rather engaging and excellent expansion on the ways that a parent can help validate the experiences their child goes through in order to foster a better sense of self-worth, value, and esteem in the face of many challenging aspects of life. I myself am not a parent (yet), but I have worked with children in certain capacities, and I've worked with people who've had emotional blocks and barriers to the goals they've wished to achieve in the spectrum of fitness/wellness. I went into this book with not only an eye to hearing about the different situations of validation, but also the different reasons why and where experiences are invalidated in general. It made me think about encounters in my own childhood, in extended circles and observations of others' experiences, among other things to see where validation was and wasn't used. Hall and Cook expound upon these topics very well, with due sensitivity, emotional intelligence, and an insight that's key to bringing the matter to full circle and reaffirming certain ideals about validation, but also allows for the reader to reflect, review, and examine situations where it is needed and why. I really appreciated and gained much from this respective read, and no doubt would recommend it, especially for parents or those that work with children in any capacity. I would also recommend this for adults who want an insight to their own experiences and histories with validation/invalidation, because it may provide an insight to your own viewpoints and values regarding self-worth, and how to best foster validation in your own life, relationships, and beyond that.Overall score: 4/5Note: I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley, from the publisher New Harbinger Publications.