Igniting Your True Purpose and Passion: A Businesslike Guide to Fulfill Your Professional Goals and Personal Dreams - Robert Michael Fried Part business guide and part guide to life, Robert Michael Fried creates an inspirational journey to achieving one's goals in "Igniting Your True Purpose and Passion". I've read quite a few inspirational guides blended with creating and acting upon professional goals, but I have to say that this ended up being one of my favorites for its straightforward, practical, and encouraging advice.It starts off, appropriately, with a quote from Ursula K. LeGuin: "It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end." Indeed, this sets the tone for the book at large because it is a journey of self-discovery on two levels, and the both are intertwined in ways that work in semblance with each other.The book is broken down into 12 chapters, each with two distinct, yet tangibly relevant sections. The first part of the chapter defines the business side of things, defining your "market statement" - shaping how to define your business, where the market is, assessing your audience among a number of practical applications pertinent to this, whether you're a self-starter or defining yourself in what may already be your desired career field. On the flip side, Fried creates a parallel with an individual's "Personal Statement" - defining personal passions, our reasons for living, what makes us happy and work/live/be at our best. None of the sections feel too expository, and they're blended together with a number of real-world examples, encouraging personal statements, as well as quotations and summaries that allow the reader to consider them at the end. It's very well organized and certainly a guide I could see myself coming back to from time to time for encouragement. It's a unique self-assessment guide, probably one that I found personally encouraging coming from a background of working in multiple disciplines, and I like that it plays to a person's passion and encourages productivity in the fields that one loves.I also really like the examples cited of successful companies and ideas, as well as the emphasis on a person building upon their strengths and creative pursuits. The seven steps at the conclusion of each chapter provided a nice summary of the content discussed within as well. There is an online assessment guide and links to a website containing things that may be helpful to the reader, but it's never beaten over relentlessly and the meat of the information is contained directly in this guide, so there's not a lot of jumping back and forth between one source and the other - something I appreciate in a solid business/wellness guide.I would certainly encourage people to give this guide a try, it was a wonderful read.Overall score: 4.5/5Note: I received this as an ARC from NetGalley, from the publisher Thirdwind, LLC.