Showing & Telling: Learn How to Show & When to Tell for Powerful & Balanced Writing - Laurie Alberts I liked this writing guide on showing versus telling quite a bit, and it's a book that I will likely return to in the future for some of the things I was able to gain from it. I would say it's more beginner to intermediate level in terms of writing advice, but I think those who would want a quick refresher would find this helpful. The guide is broken into two main sections - relying on the distinction of "showing" versus "telling" by explaining the different functions of scenes and summaries and where they're most appropriate. As for the advice contained within, I cannot express how important some of the advice Alberts gives because I see beginning writers making these mistakes all the time, and she gives good insight into where these missteps occur, and provides examples that are brief enough to comprehend. There are a few spoiler warnings as far as some of the movies she references in the beginning of the novel, but once you get past that exposition, the points she gives are sound. There's a sample of the author's own writing at the end of the book as well for perusal, which I thought was okay.Overall score: 3.5/5