Wild Ink: Success Secrets to Writing and Publishing for the Young Adult Market

Wild Ink: Success Secrets to Writing and Publishing for the Young Adult Market - Victoria Hanley Probably right at 3.5 stars. I liked "Wild Ink" quite a bit for what it offers. I think for a beginning writer, everything that you need in brief touches on the art of writing for YA market is right at your fingertips here. There are breakdowns of the different genres you can write in, there are notes about what you should do with critique and how to keep pressing forward when you hit roadblocks in your writing. There are touches upon when to show and how to tell, and certainly useful information about the publishing industry and how to market yourself in traditional publishing as well as indie publishing.By far, the most constructive element I came out of this book with were the interviews. So many useful insights on how some authors get started and keep going, among other factors. Barry Lyga, Nancy Garden, Joan Bauer, Lauren Myracle, Pam Bachorz among others are featured in the interview section. There are approaches to both writing fiction and non-fiction in the YA spectrum, as well as helpful tips from those who are agents/working in the publishing industry.I will certainly return to this as a reference.