Write Away: One Novelist's Approach to Fiction and the Writing Life

Write Away : One Novelist's Approach to Fiction and the Writing Life - Elizabeth  George I was going to write a comprehensive review of this guide, but I decided to go for the short form version since Elizabeth George touches on a lot of topics like character, plotting, among others that are in other writing guides. If you read a lot of writing guides and are a veteran, there's not a lot here that comes across as new territory. I liked this guide and found it worth the read, but slightly cumbersome in some areas. It read a little longer than I thought it would, and part of that was due to the fact that she has long passages that she analyzes for certain topics, some of which are samples from her own writing. While on one hand I appreciate the samples, I think there are slightly too many here, and for me, that made it more difficult to get through than other guides of the same nature, though I appreciated certain things she had to say on structure. In the end, I liked it, but I didn't love it.