Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern I read "Sh*t My Dad Says" in about an hour, holding my sides laughing for almost the entire time. Justin Halpern paints an interesting portrait of his life and childhood lessons from his father - who's quite the character (that's an understatement). This book revolves around a series of stories and some of the most memorable quotes taken from the Twitter compilation. Sometimes you have to agree that Halpern's father is right in what he says, even if he says it so pointedly that you don't know whether or not to laugh or be horrified. There were times I read the book and I found myself an odd medium between, but it reminded me of people and situations in my own life that I couldn't help but laugh. It made me think fondly of my own father as well when I read it, and think about some of the brutally honest lessons that I learned in my own life, for better or worse. It's definitely a book that I think people who love funny, frank, but sincere memoirs should read. I should warn that this memoir is quite mature and not for those who can't take the crude language or adult situations. I read it knowing what I was getting myself into, and I'm glad that I did.Overall score: 4/5