Lone Star Surrender (Harlequin Blaze)

Lone Star Surrender - Lisa Renee Jones Honest answer: I didn't like this book at all. Granted, I think this is the kind of book that might qualify as something that appeals to certain people, so there may be others who like it, but several times I wanted to stop reading this book. Keeping in tradition with my point of finishing books regardless, it was a tough read.Reason being, for a suspenseful romance, it was sluggishly paced and the chemistry between Constantine and Nicole didn't feel genuine. I should also add that the narration wasn't very good, as the reader for the particular audiobook couldn't really carry the character voices that well. I kept wishing for a point where the characters to have more flesh and for them to have some sense of substance in the overall plot. Despite being in peril, it didn't convince me. The sensual scenes were carefully constructed, but that's about all that was in the collective story.Definitely not picking up this again. I may try the author again to get to my Harlequin 100 Reads, but I sincerely hope that her other stories are much better for this particular line of books.Overall score: 1/5