ASVAB For Dummies

ASVAB For Dummies - Rod Powers "Power Study" is an eight chapter side story written from the perspectives of two of my favorite characters from the series: Ari and Janco. I found this to be a fun read, and an interesting enough set of events to what the two were doing while Valek and Yalena were off on their own pursuits. Maren has a bit part in this story as well, adding to both the humor and dynamic.What I liked about this particular story is the life given to these characters. The dialogue is sharp and charming in the same measure. Heh, Janco's claims of being the brains of the operation as opposed to Ari's brawn put a wide grin on my face, not to mention Ari's tendency to finish Janco's sentences. I'm almost reminded of a few characters from "The Princess Bride" or the dynamic between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead." While it doesn't amount to much in terms of events and the prose doesn't expand much from the style of the books, it's still a quick, fun read, and I think people who liked the series will find this an interesting story when taken for what it is.Overall score: 3/5