Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)

Frostbite - Richelle Mead After reading "Frostbite", I can safely say that I'm following the Vampire Academy series for the long run. It was much better than the first book in many considerations, and I appreciated not only the character growth, but also the genuine moments of peril and character resonation.Picking up where the last book left off, Rose struggles with her ongoing attraction toward Dimitri, a possible new love interest (or rather two), the arrival of her mother (with whom she has a conflicting relationship), and a series of mysterious attacks that possibly involve human as well as Strigoi attackers. This book shows Rose in a much more central focus. Lissa doesn't have as much time in the book as the previous, but in a way I'm glad that was the case because we could see a lot more of Rose's interactions with other characters.I followed Rose through her ups and downs in this book, and there are events that are truly grippin, bringing hard lessons that Rose will likely deal with in the upcoming books. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.Overall score: 3.5/5