The Ghost and the Goth (Ghost and the Goth Novels)

The Ghost and the Goth  - Stacey Kade Stacey Kade's "The Ghost and the Goth" is a welcome addition to paranormal YA with some blended tones of humor, supernatural conflict along with the traditional ups and downs of surviving high school. Told from the perspective of two characters (notably the title subjects), Alona is a popular girl who meets an unfortunate demise, while Will, the labeled goth, is the only one who can see her - along with a bunch of other spirits who have unfinished business. They each have their respective trials to deal with in the story, with Alona watching life go on without her, and Will having to deal with ghosts who figure out his ability and practically fall over begging for him to help them. I liked the way Kade paces the story between them both to highlight their particular trials, as well as the developing chemistry/tension between them in spurts. There were many moments in the book that made me laugh out loud, and several where I did feel for the characters as they faced their respective trials and relationships. The ending leaves things open for a second book, but manages to wrap up well enough, if even a bit quickly in the epilogue. I did enjoy the story for what it offered, and can't wait to read the next book in the series.Overall score: 3.5/5