Fifty Shades of Grey: Inner Goddess: A Journal

Fifty Shades of Grey: Inner Goddess: A Journal - Initial reaction: I'm not even going to ask...oh dear.Full reflection: No, you know what, I'm going to bite and reflect a bit on the premise of this book, because unless someone decides to gift me with this book (and I personally hope to all else that they don't), I won't be reading this for a number of reasons. I figure if Goodreads allows for reflections in review spaces, then might as well use the space for what it's worth.I'll admit I'm passionate about writing, journal-keeping, and reflections on various dimensions of things. I wouldn't knock someone for combining a writing journal with inspirational sections and a guide to writing/reflecting in one guide. If [b:Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Journal|124778|Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Journal|Jack Canfield|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348524353s/124778.jpg|120163] is any indication, the idea could very much work well. Except that book was written to teens to help them cope with challenges and give a space to incorporate meaningful parts of their lives.But let's be real, we're talking about "Fifty Shades of Grey" in this case. This is milking the cash-cow and unapologetically doing so. I'm highly dubious that E.L. James gives one whit about helping others unleash their true "inner goddesses." The listed price of this book is $16.99. And basically for that price, you're getting a standard leatherbound steno journal with phrases like "Yes, sir...please sir", "Stop biting your lip", and selected passages from the book. I don't know how extensive this writing guide is supposed to be, but I can show you what the journal's supposed to look like.For $16.99, you're pretty much getting this:Honestly, you could buy more beautiful journals for half that price and tailor it to your own inspirational measures. Seriously, save your money, and if you really want inspiration - whether on a writing level, an erotic level, a health level, or something else - there are plenty of free resources to peruse than spending that much on this thin journal that doesn't really bring much to the table.