NetGalley Haul: Week of 9/14/2015

Hold Me Close - Megan Hart Lovely Wild - Megan Hart No Interest In Love: An All About Love Novel - Cassie Mae Named of the Dragon - Susanna Kearsley Little Girl Gone - Alexandra Burt Sentencing Sapphire: A Sapphire Dubois Mystery - Mia Thompson Courted: Gowns & Crowns, Book 1 - Jennifer Chance Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic) - Melissa F. Olson Tankborn - Karen Sandler The Summer My Life Began - Shannon Greenland

So, another week, another NetGalley haul.  I'm still polishing off some of the reads that I started this week and I'm hoping they'll be ones I finish and post reviews for in the coming days, but I did get a decent sized haul this week to showcase (and I'm actually quite happy with all of the selections for intrigue.   Here are ten of them: seven new, three older galleys I've had for a little while.

Hold Me Close - Megan Hart

"Hold Me Close" by Megan Hart

Publisher: Harlequin Mira

Release Date: 11/24/2015

Rose's Read Date: Week of 10/5/2015

Because it's Megan Hart.  What other reason do you need? ;)

On a serious note (as you'll read for one of my other picks in this list), I'm usually anticipating whatever Megan Hart has to write when she has a new book coming. Unfortunately, I'm massively behind in reading her new(er) releases.  I've gotten galleys for them, even subsequently bought them, I just haven't had the chance to read them yet.  This one has me curious for the subject matter (two people in recovery for a harrowing event that happened to them as children), but I'm also nervous because...of the subject matter.  It could get ugly for events.

Named of the Dragon - Susanna Kearsley

"Named of the Dragon" by Susanna Kearsley

Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark

Rose's Read Date: Week of 10/12

I need to break my long streak of not reading Susanna Kearsley.  Seriously, I do.  What little I've read from her I've loved her writing, I just haven't had the time.  Argh.   Curious to see how a woman in Wales grieving the death of her child and plagued by nightmares turns out to lead to an other world.  If it deals with dreams and has an element of darkness and societies of the past - I'm there.

No Interest In Love: An All About Love Novel - Cassie Mae

"No Interest in Love" by Cassie Mae

Publisher: Random House - Loveswept

Release Date: 12/22/2015

Rose's Read Date: Week of 11/2/2015

I was really taken by the first book I read from Cassie Mae, so I think reading another book by her in more recent terms is a given for my curious mind (as well as intrigue).  I like the fact this is centered on two rising actors, though the premise is familiar for a romantic read.

Little Girl Gone - Alexandra Burt

"Little Girl Gone" by Alexandra Burt

Publisher: HarperCollins UK/Avon

Release Date: 9/24/2015

Rose's Read Date: Week of 9/21/2015

This is releasing next week, so I'll add it to the list.  In sum, I'm weary of comparisons ("Gone Girl" meets "Girl on the Train" does not bode well for hyped up comparison), but when a woman's missing her baby and wakes with no memory of events, that could go into some interesting directions.  If Sophie Hannah could do it, why not Burt?  We'll see.

Sentencing Sapphire: A Sapphire Dubois Mystery - Mia Thompson

"Sentencing Sapphire" by Mia Thompson

Publisher: Diversion Books

Rose's Reading Date: TBD

I remember reading the first book in this series and liking it, though with caveats. (Probably the first mystery in the New Adult category that I read.)  I also have the galley to the second book in this series.  Until I read that one, this gets put on hold.  But I might be able to read the second book before the release date, so it might be coming soon.  We'll see.

Courted: Gowns & Crowns, Book 1 - Jennifer Chance

"Courted" by Jennifer Chance (Book 1 of Gowns and Crowns)

Publisher: Barclay Publicity

Rose's Read Date: Week of 9/28/2015

So, New Adult novel with a young woman taking a vacation in Europe and falling for royalty (with both of them having respective issues they're trying to get away from - her college, him newfound responsibilities in his position).  I mean, it's different - to give credit where credit's due. I don't think I've read about any royal families in New Adult to date, but there's the lingering issue of the tragic past looming over this one...I'm hoping it's more on the comedic/lighthearted side though.  Goodness knows New Adult could be infused with more comedic/light offerings (and the lack of even theme diversity is an issue that keeps popping its head up from time to time).

Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic) - Melissa F. Olson

"Boundary Lines" by Melissa F. Olson (Boundary Magic Book #2)

Publisher: Skyscape/47North

Release Date: 10/13/2015

Rose's Read Date: TBD

I requested this one because I bought the first book in this series via Amazon as a part of one of the book programs they have under Amazon Prime.  (Was $1.99, I think?)  I like the premise, I'm definitely interested in reading the first two books, just not sure when that will be quite yet.

Lovely Wild - Megan Hart

"Lovely Wild" by Megan Hart

Publisher: Harlequin Mira

Release Date: 11/25/2014

Rose's Read Date: Week of 9/21/2015

This was released almost a year ago, and I started reading it but never finished it.  This saddens me because 1.) I was really, really, really interested in the premise (and look at that cover!  I think that's one of my favorite Hart covers since "Naked", at least when it was published under Harlequin's "Spice" line).  2.)  I really liked what I read, but found myself swamped/distracted/tempted with other reads.  I found myself reading bits of it while commuting to work. At the very least, several people had told me they loved the cover and "Ooh, who is that author and should I read it?"  So I ended up making recs. (Sad part is, they've finished reading it before me and liked it.  Time to play catch-up, Rose.)

Tankborn - Karen Sandler

"Tankborn" by Karen Sandler (Tankborn #1)

Publisher: Tu Books

Release Date: 10/1/2011

Rose's Read Date: Soon

I'm pretty sure this is one of the first galleys I got under NetGalley, and I haven't touched it yet because it's the first part of a series that I'm seeking to marathon (I have the second book as a galley as well, planning on purchasing the third book to complete the set).  I know I'm in for a ride, and I'm eagerly anticipating it.  (I'm kicking myself for not having read it sooner.)

The Summer My Life Began - Shannon Greenland

"The Summer My Life Began" by Shannon Greenland

Publisher: Penguin Publishing

Release Date: 5/10/2012

Rose's Read Date: Soon

I'm reading this shortly after I finish with my current reading stack.  Yet another galley I've had for quite a few years, and I just never touched it.  I love coming of age summer stories, and I think that was the reason I initially requested this book.

Until next week's entry,