Snowed in, but got a bunch of new books to peruse

Vanilla - Megan Hart Soulbound - Kristen Callihan Dziewczyna z pociÄ…gu - Paula Hawkins The Last Boyfriend - MacLeod Andrews, Nora Roberts Six Months Later - Natalie Richards Dare Me - Megan Abbott

So, the past week or so has been really crazy since my area's been bombarded with snow.  We usually don't get much snow, and I can say that I've been stuck in commutes travelling through snow, stuck at home with snow, slipped and slid on black ice and snow. Having been raised in a beach community most of my life, snow fascinates me, but it's a pain to travel in.

Today, my workplace was closed and it's very likely I'll have a snow day tomorrow and end up with a four day weekend.

You can imagine what I'll be doing with that spare time. ^__________^

In any case, it's been a while since I've updated with books that I've either checked out or bought.  I pre-ordered Megan Hart's "Vanilla" and Kristen Callihan's "Soulbound." Luckily they arrived before the snowstorm so I have them in my hands (the latter I'm reading).  I also ordered a copy of "Dare Me" by Megan Abbott (which hasn't arrived - I'm thinking that's because of the snowstorm).  I loved the library copy so much I ordered one for my personal perusal.  Figure that. :)

I'm currently reading "The Girl On The Train", which I'll post a review for as soon as I can.  So far - it's okay.  I've been far removed on the hype for this one, so that's not really a bearing on my impressions of it, but while I'm not fond of the characters, it's holding my attention.  At the same time, I only get hints of an unreliable narrator from this one, but I don't think it's really that (thus far, it might change because I'm halfway through it right now).

Also randomly ended up buying Nora Roberts' "The Last Boyfriend" (I have the first book in that series on audiobook, and I'll probably be listening to it at some point because I love McLeod Andrews as a narrator).  And my twin bough "Six Months Later" by Natalie Richards because I liked one of the author's other books that I got as a galley from NG.  So, all in all, I'm having a good book day/week.

I just wish I wasn't completely snowed in. =/  So ready for spring to come sooner than later.