A Year in Review, Holiday Wishes, and Aspirations for the New Year

Despite the long title of this entry, this will be a quick one, because I'm between spending the holiday with family.

So the year isn't over quite yet, and I'm still reading books, but I came nowhere near close to accomplishing my 450 books read goal this year, nor did I make much of a dent in my NetGalley review queue.  But I did read 165 books (thus far), so I figure that's still an accomplishment worth applauding.  I failed on all of my reading challenges this year.  I don't think I accomplished a single one, not even the bit ones (probably save for the one I started at the very end of last year/beginning of this year).

I participated in Camp NaNo for the first time this year, and won one month (April), lost the other (July), but won again for regular NaNo (November).  So to say I've been doing a lot of writing this year is an understatement.  I feel awesome about that. Not so awesome about not publishing anything this year.  (I still have "Heart of Dark Machines" - my YA cyberpunk novel in edits, and I also have two other projects that are still in between edit mode).

I started becoming more active on Wattpad after a long hiatus, and even posted excerpts from narratives I've worked on there.  I'm hoping I'll get more milage out of that next year.

I think the reasons why I was set back on many of my reading and writing goals for 2014 was because this year was a rollercoaster ride in itself - good and bad.  I lost my favorite uncle, my mother, and my Godmother (who died two weeks ago) all in the same year - and all of them were very close to me.  To say I'm okay right now is not really accurate at all - but I'm working my way there, slowly but surely.  I got a new job (which I love), I got a new vehicle to drive (Yay!), I spent some time having fun with my best friend in the whole wide universe (my twin) in a myriad of activities (hockey games, seeing The Nutcracker, etc.), and I've had a lot of life experiences and first times that I didn't think I'd be able to do in just a year.  So...to say it's been a rollercoaster is an understatement.

I'm still making my goal list for 2015, but I want to say to everyone now, just in case I don't get a chance to while having the time off (I'm going to be reading a storm now that I'm off from work until after the new year) - I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday and best wishes in the new year.  I'm hoping that 2015 brings more opportunities and happy moments for everyone.  Buena suerte (Good luck) in all your endeavors and reading/writing goals.

Best,